- Make scheduled rounds regarding technical operations in all mechanical and boiler rooms and complete logs as required.
- Safely operate high pressure steam boiler for laundry facility and heating as needed.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance on various equipment as well as deficiencies in guest rooms.
- Monitor building HVAC controls system
- Proper use of personal protective equipment
- Respond to all guest related calls dispatched by other departments as well as work tickets
- Respond to all hotel emergencies, be fluent in the procedures and policies and notify management accordingly.
- 24 hour coverage is required for this position, additional shifts may be required.
- Complete shift pass-on emails to department
- Additional duties not mentioned above may also be requested by supervisor.
- Support engineering department members as needed
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/GENERAL REQUIREMENTS/REQUIRED PHYSICAL, MENTAL ABILITIES
- Candidate must hold 2 nd class fireman’s license
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of methods and practices used for operation of Steam Boilers.
- Knowledge of the Operation and Maintenance of HVAC Systems.
- A working knowledge of the use of Hand and Power Tools used in operating, maintaining and repairing Boiler Room equipment.
- Use written (verbal/visual) sources of information, e.g. read reports, procedural documentation, reference materials.
- Use non-verbal/visual sources of information, e.g. reference graphs, tables.
- Use verbal auditory sources of information, e.g. interviews, group meetings.
- Use non-verbal auditory sources of information, e.g. alarms.
- Use oral communications to perform work, e.g. answer telephone, receive visitors.
- Digital dexterity, e.g. using computer keyboard.
- Stand; sit; reach; grasp; lift/carry minimum of 50lbs.; walk; climb; kneel; squat/bend; push/pull.
- Make decisions requiring limited judgment, e.g. task sequencing.
- Make general decisions in the absence of specific directions, e.g. prioritizing workload.
- 1-2 years HVAC experience preferred.
- Experience with hotels a plus.
- Shift work may be required.
Instructions to Apply:
Please submit applications directly to Sara Fogarty via email or apply on the hotel website.