Summary: Responsible for operating and maintaining all wastewater treatment equipment for a major food processor. The treatment process consists of equalization, pH adjustment, coagulation, flocculation and solids separation using DAF. Liquid sludge is removed daily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect samples from influent flow, effluent flow and operation basins to meet permit requirements and assess system performance.
- Maintain accurate data records on operational parameters, daily activities, maintenance and collected samples for compliance reporting and operational analysis.
- Trouble shoot and repair all equipment in the wastewater treatment plant with the cooperation of maintenance department staff.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- MA state operator license 3M is required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds occasionally and be able to use a hand truck for movement of full 55gal drums.
- Must be a US Citizen. Normal work hours: M-F 7:30AM - 4:00PM.
Salary $25.00/hr plus depending on experience. A full range of benefits apply
Rochester Midland Corporation has been owned by the same family for over 125 years, gaining a reputation for stability, growth, and continual improvement. The company is proud to be LEED and ISO 9001 certified. It’s time to join a company with unbeatable benefits, and where your growth will set yourself up for a lifetime of success. Check out our www.rochestermidland.com or visit our YouTube channel!