The Facilities Logistics Specialist is an active member of the Facilities Department. The position requires strong interaction skills with multiple departments: Finance/Accounting, Product Development, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Procurement, Supply Chain.
The Facilities Logistics Specialist supports day-to-day operations of the Repair Parts Room, inventory management of the Repair Parts storage lotions and works on various projects relating to Facilities, when required. The successful candidate will be highly organized, and self-motivated.
- Train new employees when necessary.
- Manage storage locations across sites.
- Sets and Maintains inventory levels of materials.
- Perform Cycle Counts
- Resolve discrepancies and perform adjustments
- Responsible for all Inventory system transactions relating to inventory adjustments, scrapping and reversing.
- Is responsible for the creation and maintenance of department SOP’s.
- Is responsible for the receipt of incoming materials.
- Is responsible for packaging and shipping of outgoing packages and materials.
- Is responsible for picking and kitting materials to support Facilities and Manufacturing activities
- Conduct internal area audits to keep department within compliance requirements.
- Utilize defined quality systems to initiate or complete deviations and change Controls.
- Maintain and review area paperwork relating to inventory transactions.
- Maintain inventory accuracy at all times and resolve any discrepancies.
- Provide input and ideas to maximize productivity and compliance in area processes and assist in the implementation.
- Oversee assigned area projects and assist in their implementation.
- Participate in and support audits and inspections.
- Attend meetings as area representative when required.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of area SOP’s and policy’s.
- Follow cGMP practices
Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience in Logistics and inventory control preferred.
- Strong computer skills including experience with WH Management Systems, inventory control systems and Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized; must be able to manage a breath of electronic and paper based data efficiently.
- Strong understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry and cGMP preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Complex problem solving and critical thinking.
- Flexibility and can-do attitude to manage unexpected situations successfully.
- Excellent work ethic and interpersonal skills.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of previous Logistics/ inventory control experience in a related industry, preferred.
Instructions to Apply: