Reporting to the Manager, National System Control Center, the System Operator's focus is to ensure the smooth operation of hydroelectric generating stations, storage dams and transmission & distribution systems.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Safely operate/monitor computerized switchboards and auxiliary equipment in the National System Control Center;
- Comply with safety policies, regulatory licenses, and established codes of operation and conduct;
- Implement hydro generation production schedules.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Comfortable making quick and calm decisions in a number of different circumstances;
- Analytical thinking, and technical problem-solving skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Willingness and ability to travel to remote operations, if required;
- Ability and willingness to work various shifts, and to work holidays (when required).
- Minimum Electrical Engineering Technology degree or Associates degree in related field;
- Knowledge of hydro and steam turbine generating units;
- Sound knowledge of electrical power generation;
- Advanced computer skills, including SCADA system operating experience preferred;
- Experience in hydro and steam station operations, safety, and compliance preferred.
Instructions to Apply:
Please apply at the following link: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/BRO5000/JobBoard/ed800086-1d62-5572-f313-3794fce12c2f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=2f064868-a397-48bb-8dbb-9ca5ad4450b0 .