The Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) is currently accepting bids/applications for the position of Steam Fireperson (Bargaining Unit, Local Union No. 25) in the Aviation department. The Steam Fireperson performs operational and maintenance duties in the Central Heating Plant at Logan International Airport.
EDUCATION LEVEL: Ability to read; basic oral, written and mathematical skills required. Includes manual skills and the ability to operate machinery.
EXPERIENCE IN RELATED FIELD: 1 - 3 years' experience in operation of power plants required.
UNIQUE EXPERTISE / CERTIFICATION / REGISTRATIONS:
1. Massachusetts Steam Fireman license required.
2. Valid and current driver's license required.
3. Basic knowledge of high pressure boilers, air conditioning chillers, cooling towers, and other cooling equipment required.
4. Basic knowledge of high temperature hot water systems required.
5. Basic knowledge of pipe fitting required.
6. Basic knowledge of chemical treatments for power plants required.
7. Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome Ramp and Apron License.
8. Ability to obtain Massport security clearance.
9. Knowledge of computer based automated control software of a large physical central heating/cooling plant preferred.
10. Ability to pass a Massport drug screen.
Massport is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity
Apply on line through Massport website below.Job Link: