At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position provides first-level supervision of the Operations Technicians. The Shift Manager proactively ensures environmental compliance with federal, state and local agencies and is responsible for the full development and coaching of team members. Also responsible for station assets and maintaining them to the standards of Exelon Power.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible during an assigned shift for supervising the Production Technicians in the overall operation, maintenance and technical troubleshooting of power plant equipment in a safe, continuous, efficient, and economical manner.
- Oversees the replacement or repair of mechanical and/or electrical equipment and the installation, calibration, maintenance and repair of instrumentation.
- Responsible for the implementation of the conduct of operations to meet the standards listed in the Operator Fundamentals.
- Adheres to and applies company policies in all dealings with employees.
- Responsible for the management of O&M cost.
- Support Station/Division strategic Goals and Objectives.
- Administer Passport and Work Management Process.
- Performs other duties and handles special projects as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BS in engineering or technical field and 6+ years professional experience OR
- Associates Degree and 8+ years professional experience with 3+ years exempt-level experience OR
- H. S. Diploma and 10+ years professional experience with 5+ years exempt-level experience
- Must be first and or second class license qualified in specified area or obtain operations certification
- Experience in maintenance and work management
- Technical knowledge related to power generation equipment auxiliaries
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction to groups and staff personnel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate in group decision-making and team building
- Knowledge of fossil plant operations
- Must be available to work rotating shift work
- Ability to complete the Supervisory Assessment Process
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately consider alternatives and willingly make decisions
- Knowledge of Passport
- Position reports to Operations Manager
- Position requires ability to work rotating shift work and be on-call for both shift work and weekend duty
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply via link: