BHR Program Manager (Capital Projects)
Baltic Trail offers Engineering & Design, Energy Program Management, Project & Construction Management, and Refrigeration & HVAC Service Management solutions to help supermarkets establish and maintain an efficient operation. We go above and beyond by offering additional insight, based on data-driven analysis, to help maintenance teams make more informed business decisions. For more information, please visit us at www.baltictrail.com
Summary of Position
The BHR Program Manager (building, HVAC and refrigeration) will be overseeing a portfolio of small capital expenditure projects for a large retail client. Responsibilities will include project over site, purchase order coordination, billing and budget management, project scheduling and procurement of equipment. The Small Projects Program Manager will work closely with project engineers managing the entire process from inception to completion.
- Manage projects including HVAC replacements, rooftop condenser replacements, refrigerated case replacements and new installs and EMS replacements.
- Consult with clients to understand project requests and prepare information regarding specifications, design, scheduling and estimated cost
- Perform financial analysis including value engineering, project cost analysis and contract negotiations
- Develop project budgets and schedules
- Prepares specifications for bid and proposal packages and construction documents
- Maintain project files and records to include schedules, record files, budgets and other project information.
- Coordinates with architects, engineers and consultants to provide appropriate preliminary and final detailed drawings and specifications.
- Administer construction contracts and agreements.
- Responsible for providing project updates and maintaining communication with stakeholders to include project plan milestones, issue resolution, budget variance reconciliation.
- Conducts periodic on-site inspections in observations of work during construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications and adherence to, regulatory and safety rules, guidelines and work scheduling.
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ retail or construction experience or equivalent
- Project Management, Engineering or Architecture degree a plus
- Experience in capital projects, BHR (building, HVAC and refrigeration) projects or similar a plus
- Ability to use shared workflow technology (Microsoft Office, SharePoint and iCloud) as well as project management software; Auto-Cad experience beneficial (not required)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of construction plans and documents.
- Ability to conceptualize, document, present and implement creative solutions
- Ability to seek out information, clarity, drive decisions by working through issues with project team, stakeholders and management
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in department
- Demonstrated ability with written and oral communication skills.
Baltic Trail offers an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and disability insurance; 401K, 10 paid holidays; and 15 PTO.
Baltic Trail is An Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer
Instructions to Apply: