Wheelabrator Technologies is the second largest U.S. energy-from-waste business, and is an industry leader in the conversion of everyday residential and business waste into clean energy. Wheelabrator has a platform of 23 power-producing assets across the U.S. and U.K.—19 energy-from-waste facilities, four independent power plants as well as four ash monofills and three transfer stations. Wheelabrator has an annual waste processing capacity of over 7.5 million tons, and a total combined electric generating capacity of 853 megawatts—enough energy to power more than 805,000 homes. Wheelabrator also recovers metals for recycling into commercial products. The company's vision To develop, deliver and realize the potential of clean energy speaks to Wheelabrator's ongoing commitment to the development of clean energy solutions for its customers and local communities.
Wheelabrator is owned by Energy Capital Partners, an energy-focused private equity firm. For more on Energy Capital Partners, please visit www.ecpartners.com. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit www.wtienergy.com.
Our Wheelabrator facility in Saugus, MA is seeking an Operations Shift Supervisor who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facility in accordance with all Company policies and standards. Responsible for directing and supervising Operations Department and other plant personnel to ensure the facility is operated and maintained in a clean, safe and efficient manner.
- Five years in a Supervisors position in a power plant environment.
- Operations experience in a power plant setting
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Massachusetts Stationary 2nd Engineer's License
- A QRO license is preferred
Physical Demands include but is not limited to:
- Handle tools, equipment, fine motor skills
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb and walk on heights often greater than 4 feet
- Access confined spaces and pressure vessels through standard 12” by 16” manways
- Operate a 1.5 inch fire hose operating at 125 PSI line pressure to the extent required to extinguish fire
- Operate fire extinguishing equipment ranging from hand held extinguishers to 200 lbs. portable units
- Works rotating shifts
- Works overtime.
Power up your career by calling today!!
At Wheelabrator Technologies, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.