- Experienced industrial or commercial plumber with Massachusetts Journeymen License. The Plumber is responsible for maintaining water and steam systems.Essential Responsibilities:
- Layout, plan, install, maintain and inspect complicated plumbing and pipefitting work including steam, gas, air, water, and vacuum systems, hydraulic equipment, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen lines to drawings, instructions, and codes with or without the assistance of other plumbers or pipefitters.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent education (GED).
- Massachusetts Journeymen Plumbing License.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and diagrams
- Ability to lift, move and/or manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 40lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work in confined areas, work off ladders, platforms, and heights.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- 3 years of experience as a plumber working in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Have knowledge and understanding of safety rules in an industrial setting.
- Ability to troubleshoot plumbing issues and problems.
- Maintain quality workmanship with attention directed to task at all times.
- Ability to work with customers.
- Ability to adapt to new methods and/or customer satisfaction.
- Ability to use basic tools and machinery.
- Ability to schedule, plan and order materials for jobs.
- Experience with computers preferred.
- Must display good communication skills, both written and oral.Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Instructions to Apply:
Applicants should submit resumes online via http://www.gecareers.com job posting #3080024.