I. Job Summary
Plans, directs and controls the efforts of the Maintenance Department to maintain plant equipment and facilities commensurate with good engineering practices.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Manages the preventive maintenance program and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Develops, maintains and administers an organization qualified to maintain all equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient working condition. Executes an effective preventive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time.
- Maintains all operating equipment in satisfactory condition. Schedules needed repair to have minimum interference.
- Consults with other departments regarding desirable modifications of existing equipment and facilities and the possible replacement of existing equipment which will improve operations and reduce maintenance costs.
- Coordinates the efficient operation of facilities with project engineers.
- Coordinates and oversees the efficient maintenance of all plant transportation equipment.
- Analyzes cost studies of proposals for new facilities and equipment in the department designed to secure reduced operating costs. Makes recommendations thereon to the Plant Manager.
- Develops objectives and standards of performance for projects within the Maintenance Department required to meet departmental, divisional and corporate goals and objectives.
- Plans and provides for an adequate supply and ensures control over spare parts and maintenance supplies.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of full-time employees.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Seven (7) years in engineering and maintenance of equipment and facilities work experience. (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Instructions to Apply:
Must apply online via link below.