Role Summary:The Pipe Welder assembles, installs, and maintains pipes for various piping systems and projects. Completes welds on pipes by following GE standards and procedures. Ensures that hangers, valves, and support structures are properly installed and maintained. Pipe welders examine piping stems and welding equipment for potential problems and risks associated with the operation. The expectation is that you assist and work with plumbers and/or pipefitters to perform work.
- All around flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead welding of very high-pressure piping.
- Interpret blueprints, schematics, and detailed drawings to accurately assemble complex structures.
- Must be able to troubleshoot piping systems and welding equipment.
- Must complete welds according to specified GE standards and procedures.
- Must follow OSHA and General Electric safety practices and standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education (GED)
- Ability to work with associated power tools, measuring, and testing equipment
- Massachusetts Pipefitters License required.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
- Ability to lift, push, pull, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 40 lbs. (with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Ability to work in confined areas, work off ladders, platforms and heights
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Knowledge of construction sites and power tools.
- Have knowledge and understanding of safety rules in an industrial setting.
- Must be familiar with industrial and Massachusetts regulations.
- Experience working in an industrial setting.
Instructions to Apply:
Please apply on http://www.gecareers.com job #3137040.