Operating outside, you will perform railcar, tank truck and drum loading/unloading operations of low grade, liquid cargo hazard materials. This entry level position is full time, pays $18 to start and once qualified you will move to $20.00 a hour.
- 6:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
- Week 1 Monday, Tuesday, Friday Saturday and
- Week 2 Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Training to take place on the day shift for up to 4 months 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Overtime hours will be necessary to cover for holidays, vacations, sick time, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform proper pumping procedures and operates a liquid transfer station from one vessel to another - truck, railcar or tank.
- Perform basic equipment maintenance. (Preventive and corrective).
- Read and interpret flow sheets and P&ID’s
- Perform basic equipment and systems diagnostics, troubleshooting with basic knowledge problem solving tools.
- Follow all GMP, Food Grade and Kosher requirements and standard logistic operating procedures and reports unsafe conditions.
- Perform Shipment logs and Receipt Documentation Processing, including SAP, DOT, SMS, etc.
- Ensure compliance with NTF and WTF Management
- Perform Weigh Scale use and operations.
- Active participation in the Safety Program.
- Attend Safety Training and Meetings.
- Work safely and follow all established safe practices, policies and procedures.
- Conduct Weekly/Monthly Safety Inspections as assigned.
- Perform labeling of systems lines and equipment as assigned.
- Maintain all logistics systems environmental controls, and maintain compliance with all company, local, city and state regulations.
- Perform regular housekeeping duties in areas of responsibility and system work areas.
- Remediate spills, and releases
- Pick up fat/oil for recycle and/or disposal
- Wash down equipment and walking surfaces
- Perform trash, clutter, removal and disposal
- Required to use all personal protective equipment (company provided) in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties within the scope of this role and functions as assigned or as they become apparent.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must be able to obtain TWIC certification. (Biometric identification card to gain access to Port Facilities.)
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Familiar with basic hand tools and power tools.
Effort required (mental, visual, physical):
- Push pull and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Regularly climb stairs and ladders, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Occasionally sit.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to operate a train as well as adjust focus.
- Must be dependable and able to work independently.
- Require the usage of personal protective equipment (PPE) and may take place in confined spaces
- Duties involve frequent walking, standing, lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying objects up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to frequently climb ladders to access mission critical operating equipment.
- Must be able to clearly view and inspect mixers/pumps located 12-14ft below an elevated tank platform.
- Must perform routine sampling and monitoring tasks.
Instructions to Apply: