We are an established property management company seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our committed and long-tenured maintenance team. We are looking for a general handyperson who can perform a wide variety of basic maintenance and repair tasks.
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of five (5) years of previous maintenance experience. Prior experience working in residential homes is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of maintenance experience
- General handyman skills
- Ability to perform a wide variety of basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, framing, sheetrock, plastering, cleaning, masonry, roofing, window repair, garbage disposal, HVAC, locks, equipment, tools and work repairs
- For safety, productivity and service reasons this position requires the ability to speak, read and write English clearly
- Basic computer and smartphone skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation and a method of contact by phone
- Capable of following directions from Supervisor
- Ability to lift 60 pounds unassisted
- Willingness to work outdoors, at times in inclement weather
- Must be physically able to perform snow removal
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary to assist with emergencies and snow removal
- Mandatory participation in the on-call rotation for after-hour emergencies with other maintenance employees. The on-call period is one week from Tuesday-Monday and requires the employee to respond to emergency calls from the on-call property manager as needed after regular business hours on weekdays and all day on weekends.
- Tattoos and piercings cannot be visible during working hours
- Participation in mandatory safety meetings
- Ability to work well both independently and as a team
- Must be able to handle difficult client requests with diplomacy and tact
- Satisfactory background and credit check history
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve general home improvement issues
- Troubleshoot and repair systems that are not working
- Replace worn parts
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Conduct general inspections of buildings
- Miscellaneous work such as replacing tiles, installing doors, changing locks
- Snow removal from driveways, sidewalks, and steps
- Learn and adhere to safety programs, policies and procedures
- Promote and perform safe work practices
- Clearly communicate with residents
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, work orders
- Read and write maintenance work orders
- Read, comprehend and follow equipment operating instructions and instructions on how to use supplies
- Participation in on-call rotation schedule is required
- Completion of a daily timecard
Pay range of $22.34 – $30.50 per hour commensurate with experience. Previous experience is required.
Medical and Dental Benefits start on first day of employment
Paid time off – 15 days, plus 10 paid holidays
Ability to enroll in the 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan after meeting eligibility requirements
All interested candidates must email a copy of their resume. We will respond only to candidates who have the required amount of experience.
Candidates selected to move forward to the application and interview process are required to provide 3 professional references (individuals who are familiar with work ability and quality).
Thank you for your interest.
Instructions to Apply: