Forest City Realty Trust, Inc. is a NYSE-listed national real estate company engaged in commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. Forest City Associates are committed to creating superior communities where people LIVE, WORK, SHOP and STAY!
We are searching for a talented Maintenance Technician to be based out of University Park in Cambridge. At Forest City, we are thoughtful in social responsibility and pride ourselves in fostering an inclusive and dynamic workplace that provides opportunities for continuous growth!
We are offering a $1000 sign-on bonus for the right talent! This would be paid out after your 90-day probationary period!
Want to see an authentic view on the day to day activities of our Maintenance Team? Please click here to see what it is like to work for Forest City as an Associate in our Maintenance Department. Every associate plays a vital role in our company's mission to create and manage dynamic communities. Forest City is one of the nation's leading mixed-use placemakers!
Overview Forest City Realty Trust, Inc. is a NYSE-listed national real estate company engaged in commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. Forest City Associates are committed to creating superior communities where people L,
- Repairs and maintains machinery such as motors, pumps, belts, and fans; boilers, chillers, water heaters supervision.
- Repairs and maintain mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning. Diagnoses problems. Disassembles units, cleans, lubricates, repairs, and replaces parts, filter changes.
- Performs routine to difficult carpentry duties, including installation of new doors and installation or repairs of doorjambs, moldings, hinges, door closers, locks, knobs, shelving and counter installation, ceiling tile/grid repair and installation, etc. Routine turnover duties of vacant units.
- Performs routine to difficult painting duties, including drywall or plaster repair, painting, etc.
- Performs routine to difficult plumbing duties, inspecting, installing, repairing and replacing pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures, unclogging sinks and toilets, repair of faucet, assemblies and replacement of washers, repairs or replacement pipes, repair of fountains, etc.
- Performs routine to difficult electrical and appliance duties, including inspecting and testing lighting, wiring and power circuits, replaces faulty switches, and replaces faulty lamps and ballasts.
- This position prefers a High School Diploma/GED.
- An additional degree that is preferred for this position include: High school & Vocational Training in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Appliance repair or an Associate Degree in General Studies.
- 1-2 years of required experience in Commercial Property or Multi-Unit Residential Property.
- This position may require a valid driver's license depending on the needs of the property.
- Preferred certifications for this position include: HVAC (depending on property), Electrical, or Plumbing.
- Required skills for this position include: self-motivated, team-player, communication, interpersonal, attention to detail, customer service, and personal accountability.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace
Instructions to Apply:
Apply online via link below: