We are seeking an EXPERIENCED Maintenance Technician for our scattered sites in Lynn, MA. Candidates MUST have previous experience to be seriously considered for the position. We are seeking candidates that have at least 2-3 years experience at RESIDENTIAL properties as a maintenance technician, you need to have knowledge of plumbing/electrical/HVAC etc.
To be seriously considered for the position, please forward a resume or email listing employment history with dates of employment, name of company and position with details of job responsibilities. Candidates responding without this information will not be considered
This is a Full-Time position, the position does require the employee to be in an on-call rotation. Candidates will need to live within 20-30 minutes of the work site to get to emergency calls in a timely manner. We do offer additional on-call pay for the additional responsibility.
We offer health, dental, 401k, paid time off, holiday pay after the probationary period. Please forward your cover letter and resume for consideration.
I. BASIC FUNCTION
A. Maintains physical condition of entire property.
B. Assists on-site manager in performing his or her duties.
A. Reports to On-Site Manager.
B. Maintains relationships with other staff members.
C. Maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, and professionals servicing the company or property.
The activities listed below are not all inclusive. However, they are indicative of the type of activities normally performed by the maintenance superintendent.
1. Maintains inventory of equipment, tools, and supplies;
2. Makes management-approved purchases of supplies, equipment, and services;
3. Makes regular inspections of the property;
4. Notifies management of maintenance problems and recommended solutions;
5. Assists in preparation of all maintenance-related records;
6. Meets with on-site manager daily to report on status of all scheduled work;
7. Assists in move-in and move-out procedures;
8. Makes recommendations for contract services and supervises contract maintenance workers;
9. Maintains updated preventive maintenance information (e.g., location of extra parts for appliances, equipment serial numbers, service telephone numbers;
10. Knows current condition of all vacant apartments;
11. Keeps workshop or utility room clean, orderly, and safe;
B. Maintenance Duties:
1. Obtains thorough knowledge of power, water, and gas turnoffs, cleanout traps,
fire extinguishers and fire hydrants;
2. Assists in all aspects of the property's maintenance, including grounds, custodial,
preventive, corrective, deferred and emergency maintenance:
a. Maintains exterior and public lighting,
b. Clears gutters and downspouts,
c. Repairs structural wear and damage to buildings,
d. Cares for lawn, plants, shrubs and flowers,
e. Cleans parking areas, sidewalks, alleyways, hallways and common
f. Prepares vacant apartments,
h. Services appliances, equipment, plumbing, electrical system, etc.,
i. Picks up trash on property,
j. Cleans garbage area,
k. Watches out for the unusual.
l. Stays up to date with all requirements.
A. High school education or equivalent.
B. Minimum three years full-time maintenance experience.
C. Willingness to perform any task that is required.
D. Good safety habits.
E. Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
F. Familiarity with HVAC systems and various appliances.
G. Must be a self starter and work unsupervised.
H. Must complete OSHA 10-hour training after being hired and all housing related training as required.
compensation: $18-$20/hour, Based on experience