Forest City Realty Trust, Inc. is a NYSE-listed national real estate company engaged in commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. Forest City Associates are committed to creating superior communities where people LIVE, WORK, SHOP and STAY!
We are searching for a talented Maintenance Technician Lead to be based out of 91 Sidney Street, University Park. At Forest City, we are thoughtful in social responsibility and pride ourselves in fostering an inclusive and dynamic workplace that provides opportunities for continuous growth!
Assists the Maintenance Operations Manager or Maintenance Supervisor in the daily maintenance operations for a multi-unit residential property, shopping center, or office building. Performs and assigns tasks to repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning. Performs or assigns general, advanced or specialized maintenance functions depending on property needs.
- Leads a team of maintenance technicians on daily maintenance operations with a focus on achieving efficiently run maintenance projects and operational functions. Ensures the preservation of the property and its value.
- Repairs and maintains machinery such as motors, pumps, belts, and fans; boilers, chillers, water heaters supervision.
- Repairs and maintain mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning. This includes overseeing the operation of heating and hot water boilers, make-up units and booster pumps. Diagnoses problems. Disassembles units, cleans, lubricates, repairs, and replaces parts, filter changes.
- Performs routine to difficult carpentry duties, including installation of new doors and installation or repairs of doorjambs, moldings, hinges, door closers, locks, knobs, shelving and counter installation, ceiling tile/grid repair and installation, etc. Routine turnover duties of vacant units.
- Performs routine to difficult painting duties, including drywall or plaster repair, painting, etc.
- Performs routine to difficult plumbing duties, inspecting, installing, repairing and replacing pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures, unclogging sinks and toilets, repair of faucet, assemblies and replacement of washers, repairs or replacement pipes, repair of fountains, etc.
- Performs routine to difficult electrical duties, including inspecting and testing lighting, wiring and power circuits, replaces faulty switches, and replaces faulty lamps and ballasts.
- This position requires a High School Diploma/GED
- 3-4 years of required experience at Commercial or Multi-Unit Residential Property.
- Preferred certification for this position include: HVAC (depending on property), Electrical, or Plumbing.
- This position may require a valid driver's license depending on the needs of the property.
- Required skills for this position include: self-motivated, team-player, communication, interpersonal, attention to detail, personal accountability, and customer service.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace
Instructions to Apply:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/djx3pnrdqvk3k8rq