Veolia is the largest sustainable environmental solutions organization globally. With over 163,000 employees worldwide, we specialize in water, waste and energy management
Maintenance Mechanic Special Welder
Cambridge,MA (Kendall Station)
As a leadperson, organize and direct activities of a mechanical maintenance crew.
• Assume responsibility for the safe and efficient performance of all work assigned to your direction.
• Instruct other employees in practice specialty.
• Under general supervision, alone or with the assistance of other employees, install, remove, maintain and repair all types of power plant and steam distribution equipment, buildings, grounds and vehicles.
• Such work requires using highly specialized maintenance tools and precision measuring devices and making decisions of a difficult nature.
• Maintain adequate inventory of designated materials, tools and equipment.
• Maintain all tools used in the performance of duties in safe and good working order.
• Keep the immediate work area safe and neat; ensure the work area is safe and clean at the completion of the work day.
• Report any unusual conditions.
• Support all aspects of the lubrication functions as presently done.
• Assist & instruct, where applicable, the activities of outside contracting crews.
• Perform all related PM’s & work orders
• Support inventory tracking
• Support order & Stocking functions
• Participate in various training programs to help support all maintenance functions.
High School graduate (or GED) plus 2 years of trade or technical school (or equivalent) with training in the fundamentals of The Power Plant Cycle.
• Minimum (5) years’ experience in general power plant maintenance work of a kind and quality indicating ability to perform this job.
• Minimum (5) years as a ASME Certified Welder (SMAW, TIG).
• Have a good working knowledge of power plant equipment.
• Be highly skilled in the repair maintenance and installation of power plant equipment.
• Be able to read and interpret complicated drawings and blueprints.
• Be highly skilled in at least one of the following specialties: boiler mechanic, steam fitter, welder, rigger, machinist.
• Be willing and have ability to instruct and direct activities of other employees.
• Must have a good safety record.
• Work harmoniously and effectively with other employees.
• Basic computer skills