ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
The Role: Maintenance Mechanic A or B
Distrigas’ Everett Marine Terminal is driven by the core precepts of safety, reliability, and flexibility to meet customers’ real time demands, while being stewards of the environment, with primary responsibility to ensure that all plant process and storage systems will safely receive, store and deliver at their rated capacity.
This person will be a member of Union Local 369 and the Maintenance Group in a liquefied natural gas (LNG) import and distribution terminal regulated under 49 CFR 193. Primary responsibility is to ensure that all plant process and storage systems will safely receive, store and deliver at their rated capacity.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure that safety remains the top priority on all tasks performed.
- Troubleshoot repair and/or rebuild assigned equipment. Perform necessary preventative maintenance.
- Assist the Engineering Department in planning and designing new plant systems and modification of existing systems.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor in ensuring all plant systems meet State and Federal Code Requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance and reliability of the mechanical components and systems that makes up the receiving, storage & delivery systems at the Everett Marine Terminal.
- Mechanical components and systems include items such as pumps, compressors, blowers, valves, piping and heat exchangers.
- Prepare, review, revise, start-up operating and maintenance procedures.
- Supervises outside contractors. Attains proper permits, safety procedures and equipment. Ensures compliance of OSHA Lockout, Tag-out procedures as well as other safety regulations.
- Manage small projects.
- Complies with all ENGIE and Distrigas policy and procedures
- Trained on environmental procedures annually.
- Maintains the facility recognizing the environmental consequences of actions taken.
- Maintains to strive for the lowest reasonable environmental impacts.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional and positive attitude, courteous behavior, initiative, motivation and cooperation.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Company’s auto insurance program.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- TWIC card required. (Federal Government background check)
- Required to pass written and practical examinations.
- Must meet physical requirements of 49 CFR 193.
- Knowledge to safely secure, remove, repair or replace and reinstall faulty equipment in the safest, most effective method.
- Understand and interpret blueprints & specifications with ability to take information and apply to complete tasks
- Ability to remove, disassemble, diagnose equipment failures, repair, assemble and replace mechanical components of all systems in a safe and timely manner.
- Knowledge of rotating and fired equipment.
- CDL license, Class A, a plus.
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Communication Skills include:
- Work Planning Methods; scheduling, communicate with vendors
- Give directions that are understood
- Coordinate between engineering, contract labor, accounting and management
- Skill to work independently and/or with people towards a common goal.
- Knowledge of Safety Procedures and OSHA requirements
- Familiar with HVAC systems.
- Ability to work well under stress and to exercise good judgment, particularly in unexpected or abnormal situations. Ability to see the big picture and understand work processes involved on a detailed level. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; must be eager to learn. Must demonstrate integrity, accountability and dependability. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Must be computer literate and willing to be trained to learn new software/systems.
- Ability to supervise contractors.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Lift and move various equipment.
- Carry tool kit and other equipment to top of LNG tank (200+ steps) or LNG carrier.
- Ability to work at heights and scale vertical steel ladders up to forty feet or more.
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space.
- Comfortable in all working environments, indoors and outdoors
- Ability to meet the highest attendance requirements
- Ability to respond to problems on short or no notice
- All responsibilities must be met within Maintenance Group; this can include working scheduled and unscheduled overtime, holidays, weekends and nights.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- High School Graduate with Mechanical Technical School or Military training helpful.
- 2-5 years experience in mechanical field required.
- Petro Chemical or power plant experience a plus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 30% Indoors
- 70% Outdoors
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
Instructions to Apply:
Please online using the following link: https://engie.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=LNG00000211&lang=en