Maintenance Engineer assists the properties’ engineering staff to ensure that tenant safety and comfort are maintained. Responsible for operation and maintenance of all building equipment and systems and performance of preventative and unscheduled maintenance, as directed. Assist with all aspects of building operations (security and cleaning).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate building equipment and systems as directed by Chief Engineer.
- Respond to tenant service requests in such a manner as to reduce tenant work orders and eliminate recurring problems.
- Use Angus Work Order System to complete tenant work requests, preventative maintenance assignments and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
- This individual will be expected to assist with building repair and maintenance tasks. This list is not intended to be all inclusive:
- Change air filters, grease fittings, change belts, take temperature readings
- Diagnose and repair hvac, electrical, plumbing systems
- Oversight of Fire Alarm/Life Safety Systems
- Replace light bulbs
- Repair/replace restroom fixtures, clear drains and sanitary waste lines
- Perform light carpentry and painting jobs
- Miscellaneous cleaning duties around complex as needed
- Interface with Chief Engineer, Facility Manager, Property Management Team, Tenants and Vendors to coordinate daily activities at the Property.
- Foster a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
- Comply with safety and environmental procedures, specifically hazardous communication programs, lockout – tag out programs, asbestos O & M programs and mold awareness programs.
- After-Hours On Call Responsibilities.
- Assist in leasing effort, as needed.
- Perform all other duties as directed.
- Hours of Position: Monday-Friday TBD. OT may be required if Construction requests from Tenant are made outside the hours of the position or building repairs are needed.
- Valid Driver’s License Required.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two to three years’ relevant experience in multi-tenant building. Able to perform hvac, plumbing and electrical repairs. Able to complete tenant “handy-man” type repairs i.e. lock and door repairs, hanging pictures, etc. Strong tenant relations skills. HVAC background preferred. Life Science background.
Instructions to Apply: