Role Summary:The Machine Repair Mechanic is a member of the maintenance team responsible for diagnosing, repairing and providing maintenance to complicated electrical, mechanical, and automated equipment used in the manufacturing of jet engine components in an industrial environment.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and diagnose mechanical and/or hydraulic problems in various factory machines and equipment including CNC machines, etc.
- Disassemble the machine, locate the defective part and remove for repairs or replacement, and reassemble.
- Perform equipment installations, maintenance and repair work and carry out preventative maintenance and service operations as required.
- Set up and operate machine repair machinery, work to drawings, instruction, and codes – including reading and interpreting blue prints, schematic drawings, and diagrams.
- Maintain a safe work environment by observing and following all safety standards and procedures; complying with OSHA and General Electric standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education (GED).
- Two types of CNC machining experience including but not limited to Lathe, Mill, and/or Grind.
- 2 years of general mechanical, machine repair, and troubleshooting experience.
- Requires experience with the repair and overhaul methods as applied to heavy machinery, together with knowledge of mechanics and hydraulics.
- Ability to work from drawings and schematic diagrams, read and interpret complex technical manuals and materials, and use shop math.
- Ability to work with associated power tools, measuring, and testing equipment.
- Must be able to obtain crane operators license through General Electric.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
- Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 30 lbs. (with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Ability to work in confined areas, work off ladders, platforms and heights
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Five years of experience in mechanical diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair.
- Five years of experience with machining operations (both turning and milling).
- Experience working in an industrial and manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with industrial and Massachusetts regulations.
- Demonstrated competence in maintenance of CNC, electronic, digital, pneumatic, N/C drive, and hydraulic systems.
- Demonstrated blueprint reading of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic systems experience.
- Have knowledge and understanding of safety rules in an industrial setting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possess strong mechanical abilities.
- Solid understanding of computers & technology, with the willingness to use application software and troubleshoot problems.
Instructions to Apply:
Applicants should apply directly to http://www.gecareers.com vacancy # 3104874.