- In this role you will operate all boilers and boiler auxiliaries in the power plant.
- Operate all boilers and boiler auxiliaries in the power plant, including all types of equipment to support the entire facility
- Support the organization and determination of boiler load and load distribution
- Report operating conditions to and operate under the direction of Power Plant Engineer
- Operating includes communication between operators and maintaining proper operating conditions, boiler pressure, steam temperature, water levels and operating all types of auxiliary power plant equipment
- Take required action in emergencies, report any unsafe conditions, keep area clean, etc.
- Monitor alarm panel and take actions to alarms and or notify appropriate personnel
- Make tests on water and determine characteristics such as sulfate, alkalinity, phosphate, solids and oxygen on water condition
- Prepare records, record data and make necessary correction to control water condition
- Perform related duties to maintain proper water treatment
- Report unusual or unsafe conditions and take action when needed and or notify appropriate personnel, take required action in emergencies
- Comply with all state regulations regarding boiler / turbine operation and all state records and logs must be completed
- Complete and maintain company records and logs relative to all phases of the power plant operation and maintenance requests
- Must be knowledgeable of all power plant systems including steam and water lines, condensate lines, surge tank lines, compressed air lines and all other lines pertinent to the operation of the facility
- Power Plant Operators must wear proper PPE for work being performed, keep assigned areas clean and provide communication to Power Plant Operators and Power Plant Engineers
- Perform other duties as requiredQualifications/Requirements:High School Diploma or equivalent education (GED)
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Third Class Engineer’s License
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
- Power Plant Operators must wear proper PPE for work being performed
- Ability and Willingness to work rotating shifts
- Willing to work in area with elevated heat and noise
- Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 40 lbs. (with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Ability to work in confined areas, work off ladders, platforms and heights
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Experience as an operating engineer
- Experience in the operation of oil and gas fired high pressure boilers, water softeners, air compressors and related auxiliary equipment
- Experience with computers, applications, and keyboarding
- Have knowledge and understand safety rules in an industrial setting
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
Instructions to Apply:
Applicants should apply online at http://www.gecareers.com job posting #3084561.