- In this role you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all Power Plant Equipment and provide direction to power plant operators as needed.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all Power Plant Equipment and provide direction to power plant operators as needed.
- Oversee the operation and operate steam turbines and generators, boilers, and air compressors. Operate necessary Power Plant auxiliaries to support steam, electrical and compressed air demands.
- Oversee electrical demands of the facility and control electrical loads.
- Phase turbine generators and tie-lines on and off line, as required.
- Monitor and maintain bus voltage and frequency. Set load shed for plant conditions.
- Monitor and take required readings of all feeders, tie lines, generators, conduit level, etc.
- Assist as needed in boiler/turbine cleaning and outages.
- Take required action in emergencies, report any unusual or unsafe conditions and keep area clean.
- Comply with all state regulations regarding boiler/turbine operation and all state records and logs must be completed.
- Complete and maintain company records and logs.
- Must be knowledgeable of all power plant systems including steam and water lines, condensate lines, surge tank lines, compressed air lines and all other lines pertinent to the operation of the facility
- High School Diploma or equivalent education (GED)
- This occupation requires a Massachusetts Second Class Engineer’s License.
- Power Plant Engineers must wear proper PPE for work being performed.
- Ability to work off ladders, platforms and heights
- Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 40 lbs. (with or without reasonable accommodations)
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Experience in the operation of boilers and turbines.
- Experience at a generating facility as a power plant engineer.
- Knowledge of power plant operations and processes.
- Experience with computers, applications, and keyboarding.
- Have knowledge and understand safety rules in an industrial setting.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Must be familiar with emission regulation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possess strong mechanical abilities.
Instructions to Apply:
Applicants should apply to http://www.gecareers.com job posting #3080560.