STRUCTURED CABLING TECHNICIAN
Structured Cabling Technician to perform the installation of commercial Network and Low Voltage Infrastructure wiring..
Perform new and retro-fit Commercial Data, Voice, Fiber Optic and Paging cabling installations.
Work involves driving a company vehicle; using hand tools; Climbing ladders; using scissor lifts.
Perform Customer Instruction on System Operation and Functionality.
Perform System Testing and Signal Verification.
.Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
A strong working knowledge of installation, trouble shooting and service.
Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling
Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast paced work environment
Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team
Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
Excellent communication and listening skills.
Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
Minimum of a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or the equivalent in prior work experience.
Must have valid driver’s license
Structured Cabling Technicians will install with direct supervision: cable pathway systems, firestop systems, various electronic components, and various cable that includes but is not limited to: twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded cable and solid conductor low voltage cable. Cable installation includes: placement, termination, testing, labeling and documentation.
Major Responsibilities / Duties:
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks or D-rings).
- Install, terminate, test, label and document horizontal, backbone and other cables.
- Dress and route cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture and other work
- Build out telecommunication and equipment rooms.
- Firestop various types of cable penetrations.
- Test, troubleshoot, and document test results for cabling.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Willingness to work Days, Nights & Weekends as required.
- Willing to work in tight, confined areas.
- Ability to carry heavy loads as needed.
- Carry and climb ladders as needed.