Scope of Position:
Responsible for the maintenance of production machines, mechanical equipment, and facility equipment at the Corning Life Sciences Massachusetts facilities. Assists facility manager with the direction of facility personnel and contractors during his absence.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Performs repair and maintenance of facility and equipment such as high pressure boilers, vacuum systems, purified water system, HVAC and refrigeration systems, plant plumbing. Works with external contractors to troubleshoot issues and ensures proper operation and maintenance of facility systems and equipment.
• Performs preventive maintenance of all equipment per schedule. Repairs mechanical and control functions of equipment. Maintains proper documentation of equipment maintenance and repairs.
• Monitors boiler pressure, purified water system, and climate control systems to ensure proper operation levels, water pressure and purity are maintained.
• Responsible for ongoing repairs of lab equipment in support of production needs.
• Provides on call 24/7 coverage for emergency response to critical equipment failures.
• Performs general facility maintenance such as painting, carpentry, meeting room setup, and/or relocation of furniture and/or equipment.
• Assumes plant responsibilities and oversight of other facility personnel and contractors during absence of facility manager.
• Required to maintain license or certification in electrical, mechanical, or plumbing controls.
Frequently lifts and/or moves objects weighing 25 to 60 pounds and objects weighing up to 25 pounds in difficult work positions. Occasionally required to lift and/or move objects over 60 pounds. Occasionally works in adverse weather conditions (e.g., rain, snow, heat cold). Works in all areas of the facility to include electrical/mechanical rooms, around production equipment, and on the roof. Noise levels vary by assignment. Personal protection equipment is required.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40hrs/week plus on call/emergency call in hours
• License or certification in electrical, mechanical or plumbing controls required/systems, and must maintain license or certification.
• Certification in waste water treatment and license to operate high pressure boiler.
• Uses considerable judgment to plan and perform unusual and difficult work where only general methods are available.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention is required. Works with tools and equipment that require a high degree of manual dexterity and high accuracy.
• Capability to manage numerous projects.
• Demonstrate the ability to problem solve.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum of five years trade experience working with mechanical, electrical, and control systems required.
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership)
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, process-oriented and organized.