Responsible for the safe and efficient operational shift activities for the Mystic 8 and 9 generating facility. The facility is a nominal 1600 MW natural gas fueled combined cycle facility featuring 4 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (“MHI”) 501G gas turbines, 4 Deltak Heat Recovery Steam Generators (“HRSG”) with catalytic reduction systems and supplemental duct firing, and 2 MHI steam turbines and air cooled condensing systems. Specific responsibilities and duties include:
1. The supervision, coordination and direction of assigned operating personnel in the performance of all operating shift activities. Must exercise independent judgment in directing the work of employees.
2. Perform the required activities of the control room and roving operator watchstations including the operation and performance monitoring of all equipment, test and treatment of plant water chemistry, creation and maintenance of plant records, use of personal computers and distributed control systems, and all other plant operations.
3. Maintain high personnel and equipment safety.
4. Maximize plant efficiency and profits without degrading personnel and equipment safety practices, environmental requirements or the long-term operation of the plant.
5. Provide senior operational shift interface with ISO New England and the Exelon Power Asset Optimization Group (AOG).
6. Ensure all environmental permit conditions are constantly met.
7. Perform other assigned independent, team, or shift tasks such as system expert, industrial safety program activities, routine maintenance tasks, housekeeping and general facility preservation.
8. Assist in developing and defining operational policies and procedures.
9. Assist in identifying and implementing plant improvement projects.
10. Assist in developing the annual budget and training plan for plant operations.
11. Respond quickly to abnormal plant conditions or requirements.
12. Work with OSHA classified hazardous materials.
13. Supervise and support outage coordination with Maintenance Department.
1. Reports to the Operations Supervisor.
1. Must possess a Massachusetts First or Second Class Engineer’s License.
2. At least a two year technical degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 10 years experience in steam and electric power plant operations with a detailed overall knowledge of power plant equipment and operations including theory.
3. Additional background/skills in a maintenance or technical discipline such as engineering, mechanic, electrician, water chemistry, instrument and control or gas turbines is required.
4. Ability to qualify and maintain qualification as a control room and roving operator. This includes the ability to distinguish between colors; ability to climb ladders and to be at heights of 80 -100 feet; ability and dexterity to manipulate various size components from valves to small electrical switches to computer keyboards; ability to perform chemical sampling procedures; and ability to "handle" quick changing situations under stress.
5. Ability to work extended hours and respond to call in when required.
6. Ability to perform supervisory duties.
7. Significant experience or ability in the use of personal computers and software applications.
8. Ability to work independently and as an overall integral plant staff team member.
Apply via link below: