Leadership is Currency at Crane
As a Power Plant Supervisor with Crane Currency in Dalton, MA, you will drive the company’s vision for operation, maintenance and reliability of the campus steam boilers, meeting budget and uptime standards, and provide uninterrupted steam for all Dalton manufacturing processes and connected buildings. You will lead a maintenance team of four or more consisting of millwright general mechanics, and a boiler operations team of seven. As Power Plant Supervisor, you will have a sound understanding of the boilers, equipment and facilities and be able to lead the team in predictive and preventive maintenance practices. By personally modeling safe behavior, you will motivate the team to take responsibility in ensuring their safe work practices. The Supervisor must maintain excellent working relationships with all manufacturing departments, the maintenance staff, engineering and Process Control.
- Preferred candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Boiler Engineering or related field; equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Must possess a Massachusetts 2nd Class Boiler Engineers license.
- Two (2) years of experience in a maintenance leadership role, leading hourly maintenance team members in a manufacturing environment.
- Seven (7) years of boiler operations experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability influencing and leading teams including coaching, identifying training needs, and working with management to address employee performance issues.
- Demonstrated experience in prioritization of work and crews.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to present information in meetings as required.
- Proven ability to interact effectively and tactfully at all organizational levels and across all disciplines.
- Excellent troubleshooting, fault analysis, and problem solving skills.
- PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office software, JDE a plus.
- Ability to lead maintenance & operations personnel and to effectively prioritize workloads and apply resources to provide effective manufacturing support.
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, lead and empower people.
- Demonstrated ability to drive accountability, resolve conflict and manage performance expectations
The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more. Crane is a drug free employer.
Instructions to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at http://www.careersatcrane.com.