- Working 6PM - 6AM 12 hour rotating shifts (3 nights on one week, 4 nights on the next)
- The primary function of the Third Engineer is to operate all equipment and support systems related to high pressure steam generation (cogeneration), process cooling, compressed air, wastewater treatment and other systems as assigned in the Utilities Department.
- Operate, monitor and inspect high pressure steam boilers, electric generators, air compressors, process cooling water, water treatment systems and associated auxiliary equipment including pumps, valves, transmitters, gauges, alarms, and safety devices to detect malfunctions and to ensure that equipment is operating reliably, efficiently and safely
- Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance in order to demonstrate regulatory compliance at all times.
- Maintain continuous compliance with local, state and federal regulations as they relate to air quality, water quality and safety
- Maintain required amounts of water in boilers, adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners
- Test water quality and take necessary corrective action to maintain proper chemical conditions for steam generation, process cooling and wastewater systems
- Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are operating within normal parameters.
- Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems
- Adjust controls and/or valves on equipment to regulate and set operations of systems
- Isolate equipment mechanically and electrically to allow for safe inspection and repair work (Lock Out Tag Out)
- Keep the Utilities Chief Engineer informed of operating conditions
- Support company fundamentals of Safety, Appearance, Compliance, Quality and Cost
- Ensure that company and recognized industrial safe practices are followed at all times
- Complete employee safety and equipment audits as assigned.
- Perform other duties as requested or required
- Education and Experience:
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Third Class Engineers License
- 3+ years of experience working with high pressure boilers and related equipment
- Must obtain Grade 3M or higher Municipal Wastewater License within 12 months of start date
- Job Related Experience/Skills
- Requires extensive field work walking throughout the facility
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Will need to climb heights including boilers, cooling towers and storage tanks
- Dexterity working with tools and machinery
- Lift, push, pull heavy objects and equipment
- Works with computers, test equipment and other technical devices
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- GMP and food grade knowledge preferred.
- Special Skills:
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
At Twin Rivers Technologies we are proud to have a dedicated workforce of over 120 employees. Twin Rivers enjoys the benefits of a highly self-motivated, skilled, and experienced organizations with a “can-do” entrepreneurial spirit. A vigorous emphasis on safety, quality, and delivery is woven into the fabric of our culture. Many of our operations staff have over 20 years of Oleochemical production and related processing technology experience. All Twin Rivers employees are empowered to deliver on commitments to your business. The blend of experience, open communication, and teamwork provides an edge you can depend on to meet your needs. Twin Rivers Technologies is focused on satisfying our customers and growing our business. Our foundation is firmly established in creating a safe, clean, and compliant atmosphere for our employees and communities. We have developed core competencies in designing and implementing flexible business structures and organizations. Technological know-how and supply chain expertise are our core competencies.
We'd love to have you join our team!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 to $35.00 /hour
Instructions to Apply: