The Town of Belmont is seeking a full-time heating and cooling intern for the summer of 2019. We have over 1,000, 000 square feet of conditioned space and systems of various types and sophistication. You will very closely with a highly skilled sr. technician and apply your basic mechanical skills and knowledge to change filters, clean condensers, troubleshoot issues, and perform minor PM. Candidates must be punctual, have a no nonsense personality and be able to manage their own time. Work schedule will be 7AM to 4PM Monday through Thursday, 7AM to 12:30 on Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Technicians to maintain and repair air conditioning, ventilation, and heating systems
• Clean condensers and replace filters
• Assist Technicians troubleshooting HVAC system issues
• Maintain truck stock inventory of supplies and equipment needed for each project
• Comply with OSHA standards for safe use of stairways and ladders
• Perform additional job duties as assigned and directed
Educational Requirements and Experience:
• Current enrollment in an HVAC training program
• Current Driver’s License
• Working knowledge of major HVAC terminology
• Previous on-the-job training and experience helpful
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers and others
• Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule
• Basic mechanical aptitude and mastery of the use of basic hand tools
• Ability to work in varying conditions with exposure to any or all of the following: Heat, Cold, Heights, Dust, Dirt, Indoor, and Outdoors
Compensation will be based on experience and skills.
It is the policy of the Belmont Public Schools to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or gender, or gender identity except where age or sex is a bona fide occupational qualification as allowed by the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Submit resume via email to the Director of Facilities, Steve Dorrance: