Performs support for general building operations. Performs Operations & Maintenance (O&M) plumbing and mechanical inspection and maintenance on equipment utilizing results oriented strategies to ensure continuing operation. Uses experience and technical skills with preventive maintenance and system operations to determine service requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs mechanical work required for installation and maintenance of equipment, systems and facilities in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturers specifications.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all water distribution system equipment including water basins, drinking fountains, lavatory equipment, drain lines (main and secondary), grease traps, oil/gas separators, kitchen appliances, public & private restroom equipment, chilled & condenser water system, heating & hot water system, pumps, clocks, potable & domestic water system, humidification, life safety systems, ice storage, supplemental heating & cooling equipment, and sanitary systems. Including but not limited to pipe repair, soldiering, designing and installing piping systems, oiling, greasing and cleaning of equipment or replacement of various types of mechanical equipment.
- Advises owner/representative of preventive maintenance inspections performed and corrective actions to be taken. Suggests additional service/renovation requirements.
- Performs re-lamping both indoor and outdoor.
- Performs daily operation, inspects, maintains, repairs or assists in the repairs the buildings Energy Management System & Building Automated System (Auto-Matrix, Trane Tracer), and the Siemens Fire Safety System when required. Must also stay educated on the operation of these systems either through manuals and or service representative training, when provided.
- Conducts daily/weekly tours of mechanical spaces, tenant/public areas, roofs, and building grounds.
- Respond to service calls/tenant request for HVAC, plumbing, lighting, escorts, general carpentry & painting duties, key making, picture hanging, safely move furniture and equipment as needed, and provide support or assistants when needed.
- Communicate with the owner, owner’s representative, or supervisor on the work performed and present status of the mechanical system.
- Stays abreast of changes (safety and code) in the field through seminars and other educational means.
- Provides information for input to client work order tracking system to initiate work orders for unscheduled jobs, develop materials lists for ordering, and may be required to provide technical support for projects.
- Responds to emergency situations and traces, troubleshoots and repairs problems; may wear a pager and or carry a shop radio for rapid response.
- Conducts general housekeeping to mechanical/electrical rooms including sweeping, mopping and painting.
- Completes work in accordance with EMCOR Business Systems Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
Instructions to Apply: