The Maintenance Technician will be working directly under the Maintenance Supervisor, Community Manager and Regional Manager at a 404 unit affordable housing community in Worcester, MA. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, apartment turn overs, troubleshooting and repairing maintenance issues involving electrical, plumbing, AC, HVAC, applicants and carpentry. This candidate will be assisting with snow removal, responding to on-call emergencies and working with the office team to make sure all make-ready repairs and services are completed and on schedule. Candidate must stay current on all applicable building codes/safety standards along with maintaining the trash room and dumpster areas.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, appliance and snow removal.
- Customer service first attitude.
- Must have personal, reliable transportation for on-call emergencies.
- Previous apartment experience preferred.
- Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
- *SNOW Removal is a huge component of this position.
Pay: $17-18/hr DOE
M-F on call rotation required
Benefits and Features:
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Instructions to Apply: