GreenerU is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Building Automation System Specialist (BAS Specialist). The System Specialist will be an integral part of our service delivery team for all building automation system installation projects as well as retro-commissioning, on-going commissioning and preventive maintenance offerings. The qualified applicant will be an intricate part of a team of professionals dedicated to providing exceptional customer service, superior workmanship that strives for excellence in everything we do.
- Apply mechanical & DDC control systems knowledge in assisting project Engineers in program development and resolution of design issues
- Implement energy conserving sequence of operations on existing systems, commission and confirm desired results have been achieved
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance on HVAC systems & controls
- Performs diagnostic testing of mechanical systems operation
- Utilize Visio, Excel, Word, as required to perform control system design changes and asbuilts.
- Perform or assist with retro-commissioning of systems including programming, functional testing and point-to-point checks
- Supervise subcontracted controls work, including the installation of conduit, wire, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with controls systems
- Provide input and assist with preparation of as-built drawings and other project close out activities
- Provide leadership on small projects
- Communicate effectively with appropriate client representatives regarding customer requirements and project activities
- Perform system testing and troubleshooting
- Understand all phases of construction, maintain project documentation and create red-lined field drawings
- Understand HVAC systems sufficiently to assist in optimizing energy performance of such systems without compromising occupant comfort, indoor air quality and other user requirements
- Minimum two-year technical degree in electronics, computers, HVAC or related field.
- Five years of related field experience with building automation systems
- Intermediate knowledge of at least two of the following vendors’ application programming languages: Johnson Controls, Honeywell, Siemens, Andover, Tridium
- Excellent understanding of HVAC and building automation systems
- Ability to handle the physical demands of the position
GreenerU is a sustainability and energy services company that helps colleges and universities meet their goals through innovative energy efficiency, renewable energy, cogeneration, behavioral and sustainability solutions. Our unique, whole-systems approach discovers untapped opportunities and helps us implement meaningful, appropriate projects on our client campuses. For additional information on GreenerU, go to http://www.greeneru.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Instructions to Apply: