Diagnose and provide service and repairs to hotel and residence equipment including electrical, plumbing, steam, gas, fire & safety, HVAC refrigeration, interior, paint and decorating, and respond to inquiries and problems in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies. Also will comply with any other additional requests that may arise pertaining to General Mechanic duties.
1. Follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
2. Complete all assigned work in a safe, complete and timely fashion.
3. Use all safety precautions at all times when using tools, chemicals, ladders, or other potentially dangerous equipment or supplies.
4. Carry out repairs to work orders or room inspection reports submitted by departments.
5. Ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
6. Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Four Seasons Hotels and Residences.
7. Handle and report an accident immediately, not matter how minor.
8. Respond to all emergency safety or security conditions such as fires, power failures, etc. and respond properly.
9. Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee Handbook.
10. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
11. Respond to guest calls regarding maintenance of rooms and equipment in rooms or public area in a timely manner.
12. Concentrate on projects concerned with the Preventive Maintenance Program.
13. Clean all stations in Engineering, plumbing stoppages and maintain an organized department, hotel and residences.
14. Repair an assortment of items brought to the shop by other departments.
15. Participate in energy conservation programs in the hotel and residences.
16. Maintain logs for all work performed while on duty.
17. Perform preventative maintenance on hotel machinery, residences, guest rooms and public areas.
18. Repair any broken items that are made of wood such as luggage racks, furniture, picture frames, desks, chairs, mirrors, etc.
19. Touch up all millwork on a continuing basis.
20. Repair and refinish woodwork and furniture.
21. Perform repairs and maintenance on lighting, motors, and motor controls in the building.
22. Operate the public address systems, spotlights, and appliances used during functions.
23. Set-up designated electrical requirements for functions.
24. Service and repair electrical appliances.
25. Install and repair all types of locks.
26. Supply and cut keys.
27. Install security devices such as panic bars, hasps, and associates security devices not readily available on the market.
28. Install door viewers, etc.
29. Patch and paint interior and exterior surfaces.
30. Repair plaster and stucco.
31. Maintain brushes and rollers in good condition.
32. Install and repair of vinyl and paper wall coverings.
33. Handle all repairs of equipment including motors, starters, breakers, chillers and associated equipment throughout the entire building.
34. Provide service and repairs as outlined in the Technical Skills List, depending on grade level, for electrical, plumbing, steam, gas, fire & safety, HVAC, refrigeration, interior, paint, and decoration problems.
35. Provide minor electrical repair and maintenance to motors, starters, breakers, and associated equipment throughout the entire building.
36. Assists on all plumbing stoppages in the building.
37. Clean filters and drains as necessary.
38. Assist engineers on major shut downs for repairs.
39. Install or relocate any additional or existing equipment when necessary.
40. Take meter readings, record temperatures, and pressures in heating and cooling plant.
41. Check all mechanical rooms.
42. Understand all guest room electrics and plumbing, drapes & sheers, wiring in the bathroom, and hardware.
43. Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
1. Install or relocate any additional equipment or existing equipment when necessary.
2. Assist with energy conservation programs in the hotel and residences.
3. Install electrical and mechanical systems for renovations, outlet additions and associated equipment and provide electrical set ups for exhibits including maintenance of those set-ups.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Skills and Abilities:
Please apply at jobs.fourseasons.comJob Link: