Responsible for serving Granite Group customers by providing them with the information or service requested in an accurate, courteous and timely manner, while keeping the best interests of the customer and The Granite Group in mind at all times. Responsibilities include but are not limited to answering the telephone, pricing, preparing quotations and checking inventory status or providing assistance to Senior Inside Sales Representatives. Promote new and existing products to customers as well as any specials in place. This role is an entry level role for the inside sales function.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accept referral of all telephone calls requesting special, technical or pricing information, except commercial job quotes which, as appropriate, are sent to the commercial department.
- As assigned, regularly visit certain house accounts with the goal of increasing sales.
- Maintain a customer list, which is approved by the Branch Manager, to whom weekly telephone calls are made to promote and sell products, introduce new products and to promote items which need clearing (over-stock and obsolete items)
- Conduct follow-up telephone calls on customer inquiries, complaints, etc.; inform the Senior Inside Sales Representative or Branch Manager of any customer complaints.
- Secure accurate information from vendors on shipments and deliveries and relay it to the customer. Record vendor contacts and dates on internal purchase orders.
- Learn and and use the computer system to access information, enter orders, credits, back orders etc. to accurately and efficiently move through the sales transaction and creation of purchase orders. Learn and Understand the movement of product as it moves through the branch as well as the central distribution system for The Granite Group.
- Notify the appropriate personnel at the branch when on-hand inventory counts are discovered incorrect in the computer system. .
- Enter all quotes into the computer in a clear and consistent manner so that coworkers will be able to locate and understand the quote in the computer if they need to assist the customer in your absence.
- Backup the counter personnel when needed.
- Participate in cross-training in other department functions to allow for the opportunity to provide coverage to other areas.
- Perform all duties in a consistently safe manner and adhere to all company safety policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good customer service skills.
- Entry level Knowledge of plumbing, heating and industrial supply products.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail orientation.
- Ability to handle a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to learn the inventory/sales computer system.
- Comfortable with computers including email, MS word, excel.
- Aptitude for sales and ability to learn new sales techniques and activities
- Excellent time management, presentation and organizational skills.
- Professional appearance and presentation.
- Enthusiasm, courtesy and articulation
- Ability to learn quickly
- Desire to provide excellent customer service.
Instructions to Apply:
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in an interesting, fast paced and challenging industry, then The Granite Group is the place for you. Whether you’re just out of college looking to start your career, or you’re a seasoned professional looking for a new challenge, we encourage you to take a look at what The Granite Group has to offer.
Apply on the web via link below: