The Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) is currently accepting bids for the position of Industrial Control Meter Technician (Bargaining Unit, Local Union No. 103) in the Aviation department. The Industrial Control Meter Technician performs inspections and operational, predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance in the Central Heating and cooling plant and various other buildings / locations at Logan International Airport. These duties include calibrating, documenting, troubleshooting, and repairing / replacing instrumentation for systems that measure / control temperature, pressure, flow, speed, frequency, level, and other process variables.
Education Level: Associate's Degree in electrical / electronic control theory or equivalent technical certificate or comparable related experience required.
Experience in Field/Related Field: 7-10 years' experience with Industrial Processing Controls and metering systems (Bailey, Foxboro, Moore, Fisher, Cutler Hammer, ABB, Honeywell, SCADA, Vederoot fuel monitoring, Interlution, and Building Automation Systems) associated with a First Class Central Heating / Chiller Plant and large mechanical and utility distribution systems. Extensive knowledge of high pressure boiler and industrial chiller operations.
1. Current and valid driver's license.
2. Massachusetts Journeyman's Electrical License.
3. Ability to successfully complete required paper work and documentation on a highly detailed level.
4. Ability to read and understand complex electrical and electronic schematics for industrial process applications relating to boiler and chiller operation.
5. Ability and willingness to attend vendor training.
6. Ability to obtain Massport Security Badge.
7. Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome Ramp and Apron License.
8. Ability to pass Massport controlled substance screening and background security checks.
9. Working knowledge of commercial and high voltage switch gear and motor control centers.
10. ISA Certified Control Systems Technician Level 1 or higher.
Massport is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity
Apply on-line at http://www.massport.com.