Role Summary/Purpose :
The HVAC Refrigeration Technician is responsible for the installation of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, including controls and related fixtures such as air and water filters and piping used by refrigeration.
Essential Responsibilities :
- The HVAC Refrigeration Technician maintains, repairs and completes preventative maintenance on various types of HVAC equipment including but not limited to :
- rooftop units
- cooled chilled water systems
- split systems
- cooling towers
- air handlers
- pneumatic controls
- Maintains, repairs and completes preventative maintenance on various types of refrigeration units.
- Performs related work such as installation of compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating fans and other related duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education (GED)
- Massachusetts Refrigeration License and recovery certification
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and diagrams
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
- Ability to work in confined areas, work off ladders, platforms and heights
- Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 30 lbs. (with or without reasonable accommodations)
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Desired Characteristics :
- Experience as refrigeration mechanic working in an industrial environment.
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced in the installation, operation, trouble-shooting, maintenance and repair of all types of commercial building heating and cooling systems.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed plans, specifications, operating manuals and other written materials associated with this trade.
- Have knowledge of and understand safety rules in an industrial setting.
- Ability to troubleshoot heating / cooling problems.
- Must be familiar with industrial and Massachusetts regulations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possess strong electrical and mechanical abilities.
- Ability to use basic tools and machinery.
- Ability to schedule, plan and order materials for jobs.
- Strong understanding of HVAC controls.
- Ability to relate with and work with customers.
- Working knowledge in the installation of large industrial equipment.
Instructions to Apply:
Applicants should submit resumes online via http://www.gecareers.com job posting #3098697