Performs general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings and industrial systems. Reporting to the Facilities Director, assists in monitoring building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as plumbing, electrical, building automation, heating and cooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Assists with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
- Assists with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, drains, and HVAC.
- Inspects new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This is a unique opportunity to act as the resident expert in your craft and increase the technical capabilities of an existing facilities group. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position, but could be available in the future, if desired.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one year of related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
Instructions to Apply: