Are you mechanically minded and always tinkering with things, but not sure how to apply these skills to a professional work environment? Do you like to think up new ideas that disrupt the status quo and work with a team to build solutions? Our team collaborates across disciplines, relying on our skills to add value to this unique culture, positively impacting the successes of our community.
LabCentral, a rapidly growing launch pad for early stage biotech companies in Cambridge, is seeking a Facilities Technician (reporting to Sr. Manager, Safety Services and Facilities Operations).
You’ll be the best fit for this role if you have a high school diploma and 2 – 3 years of relevant trade experience (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.); or technical/trade school program or certification and a minimum of 1 year of relevant trade experience. This role requires both organizational skills, ability to lift at least 50 lbs., ability to climb and do work off a ladder, and be the resident handy person. Hard workers, critical thinkers, organizational nuts, and tinkers are encouraged to apply!
What your day looks like:
• Maintain facility appearance and ensure optimal functionality and cleanliness
• Display a high-level of customer service and ensure residents have a positive experience • Manage and respond to daily facilities requests and perform preventive maintenance
• Oversee the organization of packages, supplies, and materials
• Create, implement, and follow facility standard operating procedures
• Coordinate and communicate with outside vendors and contractors
• Any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission and abide LabCentral’s values
Some “you shoulds” that will enhance your day:
• Have basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, and/or mechanical equipment
• Have strong time management, organization, and decision-making skills
• Have ability to ensure assets are up to date and all requests are processed in the CMMS
• Love being part of a team while being capable of working independently
• Believe work and having fun can be synonymous
What your first six months will look like:
• Dive into the day-to-day upkeep of the LabCentral facility
• Complete necessary training on aspects of facility management
• Learn our systems and provide feedback on how we might do things better
• Crosstrain with other LabCentral departments and provide coverage/backup in other areas
• Develop an understanding of the LabCentral community and the amazing work being done here
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Applications are submitted at LabCentral.org and will
include a resume/cover letter specifically discussing your interest in joining the LabCentral team.