Facilities Technician - Full-Time Permanent Position
- Maintain all building systems and equipment in good working order including those shared with neighboring company, including air handlers, exhaust fans, high-pressure steam boilers, electric steam boiler, hot water boilers, biokill system, solvent delivery system, clean steam generation and distribution system, compressed air generation and distribution system, USP purified water generation and distribution system and waste neutralization system, and emergency power generators, in accordance with established procedures and applicable Massachusetts General Laws.
- Recommend major facilities and/or manufacturing support systems upgrades, secure quotes for new equipment/systems, coordinate schedule with contractors/plant manager for installation.
- Provide oversight of design, build, delivery, install, site acceptance testing (SAT) and qualification if required (IQ-OQ) for critical GMP system(s), bringing projects to successful completion.
- Coordinate with contractors/insurers to ensure performance of annual boiler inspections, annual sanitization of the USP water system, quarterly (MWRA) self-monitoring of effluent being discharged to sanitary sewer in accordance with our MWRA Sewer Use Discharge Permit, serve as liaison between companies and regarding any and all wastewater treatment system violations and required retesting or corrective action.
- Take daily readings on critical systems and maintain accurate records. Ensure that preventative maintenance provided by contractors is performed as scheduled. Perform other preventative maintenance and repairs of all afore mentioned building systems and maintain records of maintenance and repairs performed. Submit monthly PM reports to plant manager for review and signature. Recommend contracting of services that provide the company with the highest cost to value ratio to decrease facilities expenditures while providing service excellence.
- Responsible for responding to building monitoring system alarms when on call (or as your expertise is required when not on call), resolving causes, and returning to normal operational status.
- Provide input on required or desired capital upgrades for facilities systems, to ensure that our company is able to maintain all required utilities and systems in an operational state.
- Must be trained and certified by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to operate high-pressure steam boilers.
- Licensed wastewater treatment system operator also highly desirable.
- Must have in depth knowledge and experience maintaining and operating HVAC equipment and biotech manufacturing support systems for purified water, compressed air, clean steam, waste neutralization, power generators, biokill system, hot water boilers, autoclaves and fume hoods.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills. Must read, write, speak and comprehend English. Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and perform repetitive tasks. Must be able to use computers competently and be able to use typical software applications such as word processing and spreadsheets efficiently.
- Must work independently, be extremely dependable and attentive to minute detail. Must be able to organize and prioritize personal and departmental activities.
Education and Experience:
- Technical Facilities Maintenance education (Certificate-AS-BS) with >5 years biotechnology facilities experience.
- Should be (or be willing to attain) licensed Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator and 3rd Class Steam Engineer or Special License to Operate Boilers.
Instructions to Apply: