GENERAL SUMMARY: The Mechanic position will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all Facilities HVAC and refrigeration equipment, inclusive of but not limited to rooftop HVAC, boilers and compressors and commercial kitchen refrigeration. Other responsibilities to include scheduling of preventive maintenance, repair and maintaining inventory of critical spare parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair and Maintenance of low pressure steam boilers, cooling tower, chillers and rooftop package units.
- Responsible for investigating and taking corrective action for any and all maintenance problems within the Distribution Center and Corporate offices.
- Assist in establishing and working within the confines of the fiscal budget while meeting all departmental objectives.
- Perform basic maintenance, repairs and replacement of all Facilities HVAC equipment as well as conveyors, sorters, forklifts.
- Work with sub-contractors and vendors as needed on testing, maintaining and repairing all Facilities equipment.
- Trained and properly complying with OSHA standards and safety requirements, hazardous materials handling, company policies, and emergency procedures as it relates to Distribution Center equipment
- Actively involved working with DC and Engineering management on various expansion and efficiency initiatives.
- Assist with internal DC and Corporate office moves of furniture and equipment.
- Prepare all department documentation such as: work logs, equipment check sheets, preventative maintenance documentation, etc.
- Communicate suggestions, problems and concerns with appropriate corrective actions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience with HVAC system controls both pneumatic and electrical
- 3-5 years of maintenance experience -- fulfillment center, warehouse experience preferred.
- Knowledge of building codes, trades standards and general practices within facility maintenance.
- General knowledge of electrical, PLC, conveyor systems, lift trucks and mechanical systems a plus.
- Experience with EuroSort Sorters, Dematic (Rapistan) conveyors and material handling equipment a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction.
Instructions to Apply: