A.W. Perry, a relationship-driven real estate investment and services firm is currently seeking a dependable Facilities/General Maintenance professional with excellent communication skills for its Commercial Office Building Portfolio in Downtown Boston. The primary responsibilities of this position are to ensure the safe and efficient maintenance, repair and operation of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and life safety systems. In addition, they must provide timely and appropriate responses to all tenant service and maintenance requests.
- Be a Good Will Ambassador- develop great rapport and relationships with tenants. Always a positive ambassador for the A.W. Perry brand.
- Respond to all tenant service and maintenance requests as directed by Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Collaborate with tenants on Building issues in close coordination with the Property Manager and respond promptly and professionally to all tenant service and maintenance requests and after-hours emergency calls in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Perform maintenance tasks as needed- minor plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, HVAC, janitorial etc.
- Maintain records and reporting for all building equipment, maintenance, and services.
- Maintain safe building conditions and safe workplace practices.
- Continuously assess the Buildings for ongoing upkeep and improvements.
- Oversee capital projects and tenant improvements as directed by the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Work closely and coordinate with the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor to keep them informed of any issues and work being conducted.
- Work closely and cooperatively with other A.W. Perry facilities team members.
- Coordination and participation in Emergency drills and actual evacuations.
- Adhere to scheduled preventive maintenance routines
- Manage relationships with outside vendors for preventive maintenance of building systems and equipment in coordination with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Work with outside contractors to perform contracted services and oversee repair work to ensure that work is performed according to contract specifications.
- Operate the Building Energy Management Systems and other mechanical systems to ensure safe, efficient operation and comfortable building environments.
- Respond to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety or building maintenance concerns. (must have the ability to react quickly in these situations-which include water leaks, fire alarms, or other mechanical issues that may arise.)
- Become familiar with and assist at other A.W. Perry properties when needed.
- Monday- Friday 7:00am – 4:00pm; (1 hour lunch break unpaid).
- Every 3 weeks- late guy rotation coverage- required to stay until 5:00pm.
- On-call 24-7 for emergencies. Weekend and after-hours work will be required and will be on a scheduled, on-call or emergency basis. (i.e. construction, fire alarm/fire pump testing, or special projects that must be scheduled outside of regular business hours.)
- Candidate must have outstanding customer service skills including consistent politeness, patience, professionalism and a calm positive demeanor.
- Candidate must be punctual and dependable
- Candidate must be proactive, work well under pressure and respond to management direction.
- High School Diploma or GED and prior work experience in Commercial Office Building Maintenance Field is required.
- Prior computer experience and prior experience operating a building management system is required.
- While performing this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel and talk or hear.
- The individual is required to reach with hands and arms, sit, climb ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The individual must also frequently lift and or move more than 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 pounds.
Instructions to Apply: