To reflect recent growth in our facilities, MathWorks wishes to add a Facilities Energy Engineer to our Facility Engineering (FE) team in Natick, MA. The Facility Engineers play a key role in the FE team supporting both day to day operations, long-term planning, energy management and energy conservation. To be truly successful, the new Facility Engineer will need to be effective at multitasking, embrace work in a team setting and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Serve as the technical resource to facility managers, project managers and facility technicians at both Natick campuses related to any manner of facility operations, energy efficiency, energy management and construction projects.
- Understand and assess facility operational data and energy metrics. Develop reports, summarize results and present clear recommendations and direction to facilities managers and technicians to improve and optimize campus operations.
- Working with facilities teams on both campuses, develop and implement building optimization strategies that achieve both staff comfort and energy conservation goals.
- Drive data collection and analysis efforts with the objective of identifying trouble areas and developing solutions. Have a thorough understanding of building management systems (Siemens preferred), energy management systems (EMS), fire alarm systems and lighting control systems.
- Provide technical direction and prioritization to MathWorks building management system support consultants and technicians including trouble shooting, reporting, enhancements, fine tuning and routine operations and maintenance.
- Work with Facility Managers to set technical direction for facility technicians as they operate and optimize existing on site self generation energy facilities (solar and cogen). Track commercially available energy generation technology and, as appropriate, consider options to expand and/or optimize on-site energy generation.
- Work as part of a team to implement a new CMMS system for both MathWorks campuses.
- Play an integral role in developing and implementing the MathWorks Energy Master Plan and Energy Dashboard which defines our approach to energy conservation, self-generation and purchase strategy.
- Work with facility managers and technicians to improve and implement preventative maintenance program for both campuses.
- Develop status reports and presentations to summarize results.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required.
- 7 or more years’ experience in facility engineering and facility management
- Experience with the development, operation and troubleshooting of building management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Highly proficient and comfortable with technology, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, BMS, CMMS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of commercial HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Working knowledge of construction practices.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints, codes, and specs.
- Experience with data center energy optimization
- Prior experience with process improvement/data analysis
- Preferred experience with- Night lighting control, Notifier alarm systems, Eaton Power Monitoring, or Siemens Controls
Instructions to Apply:
Please apply via our website: