The Facilities Associate will provide support to the Site Facility Managers with operational activities in maintenance and operations, accounting and finance, vendor oversight, equipment and supplies, occupancy services and proactively develop and maintain client relationships ensuring that expected service levels are achieved.
- Maintain the staff’s weekly and OT schedule to include tracking engineering staff vacation, sick, and personal days.
- Ensure that maintenance work orders are completed and in a timely manner.
- Provides the customer with cost savings initiatives for review and approval.
- Ensure that environmental policy and procedures are being adhered to within the facility.
- Ensure safety and comfort of tenants daily, while actively using Angus tenant request data to reduce tenant work orders and eliminate recurring problems.
- Follow up with customers to ensure that all service requests are completed to their satisfaction.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is being scheduled and performed in a planned and effective manner.
- Must be able to work different shifts if needed including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to be on call for emergencies that may arise.
- Ensure compliance with regionally directed or client directed procurement programs, and process PO’s and invoices; maintain tracking mechanisms of all expenses.
- Assist in reviewing and engineering, with the customer representative(s), any plans or specifications for additional maintenance, construction and renovations.
- Assist the manager in implementation of corporate and/or regional initiatives.
- Assist manager in maintaining a safe facility by training the staff on life safety systems and emergency procedures and programs per CW Services programs.
- Maintains paper and electronic filing system of all relevant planning, design and construction related activity.
- Compiles monthly reports and metrics for facilities, sustainability and maintenance related activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Must observe and comply with all standard safety codes and practice, and perform work in accordance with recognized trade and C&W Services standards
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting plans, specifications, and operational manuals associated with his/her work
-Must be proficient with the use of a computer
-Must be quality-focused and customer service oriented
Instructions to Apply: