Operate and Maintain all Plant Environmental, Waste Water, Cooling Water, Odor Control and other systems and equipment. Perform as the primary first responder to emergency situations.
Hours and Shift: This position is 6pm to 6am. 88 hours paid bi-weekly. (You will work 36 hours one week and work 48 hours the second week. (40 straight time and 8 OT). Training would take place on the day shift for several weeks.
Salary: $22.00 an hour
- Operate and Maintain the Following Systems and equipment including pumps, tanks, lines, heat exchangers, ancillary equipment, utilities (steam, condensate, cooling water, greasy cooling water, nitrogen, compressed air, electric and steam heat tracing and wastewater chemicals). Specific systems include Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer, Odor Scrubber, odor control carbon drums, Dissolved Air Flotation, Wastewater Collection, Storm Water Collection, Process Water Collection, PH Control and all Spill Containment
- Perform proper pumping and transfer procedures following established Safe Practice
- Perform and record all environmental analyses (FOG, PH, NPDES, Storm Water, Phenol, COD) Analyze and review samples and results
- Perform necessary compliance sampling and inspections
- Perform basic equipment maintenance, lubrication, and repair.
- Perform basic equipment and systems diagnostics, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Read and interpret environmental systems flow sheets and P&ID’s
- Perform Emergency First Responder responsibilities
- Perform Emergency Chemical Spill containment and clean up responsibilities
- Responsible for Hazardous Waste Collection areas
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Massachusetts Certified 3rd Class (M) Wastewater License
- Massachusetts DPS Certified 2nd Class Firemen’s License, preferred
- Maintain TWIC Card, CPR and First Aid Certifications
- 24 Hr. First Responder Training Certificate
Instructions to Apply:
Please send your resume to Kim.sullivan @trtlp.com.