SUMMARY: Installs repairs and maintains the Authority’s electrically operated equipment and components, including the building electrical systems. To supply and monitor electrical service to the exhibit halls in the MCCA facilities. Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and install new fixtures and equipment by performing the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The Authority’s Electrical Superintendent may designate various other activities.
- Using the color-coded wires and electrical components, set up and dismantle electrical circuits, equipment and appliances in the exhibit halls throughout the MCCA facilities.
- Inspect and test electrical panels, motors, equipment, transformers, HVAC control systems, and motor control centers.
- Identify and replace faulty switches, wiring and/or other electrical components as needed.
- Remove and/or install motors, transformers, circuits, and lighting fixtures in accordance with design specification.
- Maintain and repair Security equipment, Fire Alarm System, and CCTV system components and devices.
- Remove old electrical fixtures or appliances and replace them as required.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures and protocol.
- Assist other members of the Physical Plant staff, as needed, in the completion of their required duties. Such duties include troubleshooting, maintenance, replacement, and installation of electrical equipment and devices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Electrical, Mechanical and/or Building Trades Superintendent.
- Travel to and between all MCCA facilities to perform assigned repairs, maintenance, or to complete installation of various electrical components.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 4 years related work experience and/or training must possess ability to work independently. Must possess a state of Massachusetts certified electrician's license. Preferred experience on fire alarm systems and service.
WORK SCHEDULE: The work schedule for this position typically fluctuates based upon the needs of a particular event or project, which would require the ability to work a flexible schedule including late nights, early mornings, long days, weekends and holidays. Travel to other MCCA facilities may be required.
Instructions to Apply:
To apply please visit: