Concord Academy, is a coeducational boarding and day independent high school in Concord, MA. The operations team seeks to add an enthusiastic and service-oriented electrician to be a part of CA’s community to provide a safe and proper learning environment for students and adults by operating under all local, state and federal trade regulations. Reporting to the Facility Manager, the Electrician maintains and repairs electrical components and systems according to established maintenance schedules and departmental guidelines, and utilizes good trade practices to minimize breakdowns and other interruptions in service.
- Responsible for journey level work in the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures.
- Install, maintain, alter, and repair wiring, electrical devices, machinery and equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Safely operate and maintain tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Capable of making independent, on the spot, “safe to operate” decisions regarding safety of students and staff.
- Correct unsafe conditions or report any conditions that are not correctable to the Facility Manager.
- Locate and diagnose electrical issues occurring in lighting fixtures, thermostats, and shop equipment, and makes necessary repairs to HVAC systems.
- Perform general electrical maintenance requests.
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC control systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair fire alarm systems
- Work is assigned by a supervisor through oral or written instructions and is performed with independence, subject to inspection for appearance and workmanship.
- Assist in general upkeep for the school including but not limited to: detailing of campus grounds, snow removal, relocation of furnishings, room set up, etc.
- Assist other members of the Operations team as needed.
- Adhere to all federal, state and municipal laws, regulations or codes and local board and departmental policies.
- Participates actively in personal and/or professional growth and development.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Licensed Electrician and at least five years experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical systems.
- Ability to locate and correct defects in electrical systems and equipment.
- Self-motivated; must be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within the context of a team environment.
- Responsibility-oriented, not task-oriented.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and serve as a positive role model for students and the community.
- Able to anticipate and help to resolve problems; able to prioritize and manage multiple projects within a fast-paced environment.
- Maintains proficiency at current level, and continually updates knowledge through appropriate courses, seminars, publications and contacts with others in the trade.
- Effectively communicates orally, in writing and electronically.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Must demonstrate basic computer literacy skills.
- A high level of integrity, honesty and strong work ethic.
- Enthusiasm for working in an independent school setting and desire to embrace the school mission and values.
- Mental and Physical Demands, and Environmental Factors: Physical ability to lift 75 pounds on an occasional basis. Frequent walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, balancing, crawling, pulling, pushing, reaching and heavy lifting and carrying. Ability to operate hand, power, and bench tools. Work in tiring and uncomfortable positions, outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, on ladders and scaffolding, and around machinery with moving parts. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures and excessive noises. Maintain emotional control under stress. Work with frequent interruptions.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Candidate must pass criminal record check.
- Overtime/after hour repairs may be necessary or required. This role is considered to be an essential employee in the event of an emergency or inclement weather.
Instructions to Apply:
Interested candidates, please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Subject Line: Electrician