The Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) is currently accepting bids for the position of Electrician (Bargaining Unit, Local Union No. 103) in the Aviation department. The Electrician performs repairs and maintenance of electrical systems at Logan International Airport and Hanscom Field.
EDUCATION LEVEL: Ability to read; basic oral, written and mathematical skills. Includes manual skills and the ability to operate machinery. Ability to communicate in standard English.
EXPERIENCE IN FIELD/RELATED FIELD: 3 - 5 years' experience with low/high voltage systems required. Experience in commercial and high voltage switch gear preferred.
1. Massachusetts Journeyman's Electrician License required.
2. Valid and current Class D driver's license; ability to obtain Commercial Driver's License "B" (CDLB).
3. Ability to pass Massport security clearance and obtain a Massport Security Badge.
4. Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome Ramp, Apron, and Airfield License.
5. Working knowledge of commercial and high voltage switching gear.
6. Knowledge of computer based systems, i.e. card access, airfield lighting control, high voltage switchgear monitoring and control.
7. Ability to pass Massport controlled substances testing and background security check.
8. Ability to possess a valid Massachusetts hoisting license in both the classifications of 1B and 2A.
Massport is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity
Please apply on-line at http://www.massport.com.