Reading Public Schools is in search of Custodial Daily Substitutes to work on a per diem basis. The incumbent will keep the district’s buildings in such a state of operating excellence that they present no problem
- Cleans and preserves designated spaces, equipment etc. in the building.
- Assists visiting public utilizing the facilities with directions within building and in obtaining and setting up needed equipment.
- Opens building and performs building check. Make sure entrances are secure. (day shift)
- Maintains building and grounds security in the building each school day.
- Puts away milk and bread deliveries, as needed.
- Dry-mops and vacuums classrooms and offices in assigned area. Wet-mops same, as needed.
- Cleans and disinfects lavatories in assigned area.
- Re-stocks all paper towel, toilet paper and soap dispensers. Provides lead custodian with inventory usage and data.
- Cleans glass and dust in assigned area. Cleans, disinfects and polishes water fountains, as needed.
- Walks outside of building to pick up trash and sweep outside entrances, as needed.
- Sets-up cafeteria for lunches (day shift).
- Empties trash and sweeps cafeteria between lunches (day shift).
- Washes cafeteria and kitchen floors, as scheduled
- Empties trash in assigned area.
- Closes building and performs building check. Makes sure entrances are secure. (night shift)
- Removes snow at entrance ways and walkways. Spreads ice-melt and/or sand as needed to allow safe entrance and egress of students, staff and visitors to the building.
- During school and summer vacations, performs heavy cleaning of buildings, as directed by the Director of Facilities.
Instructions to Apply:
All applications must be submitted electronically through TalentEd or SchoolSpring by the link provided.