S.G. Torrice is currently seeking a Counter Sales Representative to join their team in Randolph. This position is primarily responsible for fulfilling customer orders in a timely and accurate fashion.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Takes customer orders, either over the phone or at the counter from walk in customers
- Writes up and picks orders for customer pick up
- Provides basic sales support to customers
- Picks orders for delivery or transfer to other branches
- Assists warehouse staff in putting away incoming vendor shipments, branch transfers, and customer returns
- Performs parts lookup using manufacturer’s software
- Ships and tracks orders
- Assists at semi-annual physical inventories
- Cycle counts inventory
- Generates branch transfers – orders stock from other branches
- Makes local deliveries as necessary
- Performs basic cleaning/maintenance/fabrication tasks including, but not limited to: stocking counter shelves, cleaning warehouse, shoveling snow, repairing damaged equipment, fabrication of filters and ducts as needed
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience in HVAC or plumbing trades.
- Basic language skills. Able to read and comprehend basic instructions and write basic correspondence. Able to effectively present information to customers and company staff. Must be fluent in English.
- Basic mathematical skills. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Basic reasoning ability. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Basic computer skills. Individual must learn/develop competency in the company’s customer system, SHIMS, and American Standard parts lookup software
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and maintain a valid US drivers license
- Must be able to travel between corporate offices and remote branches and job sites as required.
- Must obtain forklift certification
- Must be able to work a maximum of 40 hours weekly and overtime as required
Instructions to Apply:
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.