Construction Trainer(Full Time-Day Time)
Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private non-profit organization with over 400 employees dedicated to reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income individuals and families.
In addition to fully utilizing your skills, Community Teamwork offers opportunities for continued professional development and career growth. Great teams, a competitive salary and well above average benefits including a generous contribution to employee 401k plans make Community Teamwork a highly regarded employer.
We are seeking a Construction Trainer to teach the skills necessary to do gut rehabilitation, renovation, or initial housing construction. The Construction Trainer will provide guidance and encourage the development of leadership skills. Responsibilities include: Teaching basic carpentry skills such as demolition, rough framing, roofing, and drywall; teaching and enforcing safety rules and OSHA regulations; daily monitoring of tool and equipment tracking and inventory system; assisting in the development of partnerships with local partners including building trades unions; participating in community service projects as required; performing as part of the YouthBuild staff team to supervise and mentor students and to provide support to the program wherever needed; in the absence of the Director of Construction, the trainer will be responsible for the construction site, maintain production safety and interact with sub-contractors and inspectors; attending all meetings and retreats as required by the Program Director, and attend all related construction site meetings with the contractor or subcontractors.
· A high school diploma or equivalent.
· Demonstrated experience in the construction trades.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Bilingual skills (English/Spanish or English/Khmer) are a plus.
· Mass Construction Supervisors license required.
· Valid Driver’s License required.
· Work is primarily performed in an alternative school environment, but also includes travel to construction work site(s) and other areas appropriate for delivering a construction training development curriculum. Moderate physical activity may be required, as well as exposure to outdoor environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of an innovative, outcome focused team in an organization committed to excellence.
If you are interested in this position, please click on the following hyperlink or copy and paste it into your browser:
You may also apply by visiting our website at http://www.commteam.org and visiting our careers page.