Symmes Maini and McKee Associates (SMMA) is seeking an experienced Commissioning Agent to join SMMA’s Building Commissioning team, a talented group of designers and problem-solvers. This position involves assisting owners, engineers, and construction professionals to validate proper installation and performance of building systems. Given SMMA’s integrated and multidisciplinary composition, the role affords a chance to coordinate and work closely with staff across numerous areas of design expertise, and provides exposure to a variety of project and client types.
The candidate may be active throughout projects’ full lifecycles, from concept design to final construction documents, and during construction administration.
We offer a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that promotes intellectual and creative growth. The candidate will be encouraged to provide new ideas and share knowledge that will advance the firm’s mission and his/her professional career.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Performing field observations and producing reports
- Witnessing manufacturer's start-ups
- Creating system verification checklists
- Executing functional test scripts
- Administering corrective action logs
- Conducting technical submittal reviews, test and balancing reports
- Other related commissioning activities
- May supervise the work of less experienced commissioning agents
- Attending project meetings, initially in support of senior commissioning agents
- 3-5 years’ experience in building systems commissioning
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with direct digital building automation and control systems a plus
- Completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to climb ladders, use a tape measure
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for travel to project sites
- Access to personal automobile a plus
- Must be comfortable working on active construction sites and using digital tools to work outside of the office
Please note: SMMA does not offer H-1B visa sponsorship for this position.
Instructions to Apply:
Apply via link below.